Welcome to our ‘How-To’ video series!
Hot water maker Water Too Hot
- Check that the thermostat is set properly and functioning accurately. Lower temperature setting if too high.
- Inspect the mixing valve and make sure it is adjusted to temper water to desired temperature. Adjust if necessary.
- Test the thermocouple or thermostat sensor with a multimeter. Replace control if giving incorrect high readings.
- Make sure the high limit safety controls are operating properly and shutting off at maximum safe temps.
- Check flow valves and circulating pump operation. Sediment or clogs can restrict water flow and overheat.
- Bleed all radiators and baseboards to remove trapped air that can cause overheating.
- Clean heat exchanger surfaces if heavy scale buildup is reducing heat transfer and efficiency.
- Inspect heating elements and wiring. Defective components could be delivering excess heat. Test and replace.