Welcome to our ‘How-To’ video series!
Patch hole in the sheetrock with sheetrock
- Prepare the area by cutting out the damage.
- Create patch matching the damaged area with a utility knife.
- Cut a piece of plywood to be narrower and longer than the hole.
- Screw plywood backing into place, such that it will reinforce the future sheetrock patch. All screws used should be slightly below flush with sheetrock.
- Place sheetrock patch into the hole, onto the plywood.
- Screw sheetrock patch into reinforcing plywood.
- Use putty knife to apply joint compound or spackling paste over the seams and screws. Use multiple coats until smooth and finish achieved.
- Sand until smooth and level.