Welcome to our ‘How-To’ video series!
Sink Faucet leaking / not working
- Check under sink for any leaking pipes or loose connections and tighten as needed.
- Turn off hot and cold water supply lines to faucet and turn faucet on to relieve pressure.
- Disassemble faucet handle and cap to access cartridge or valve. Check for debris.
- Remove cartridge/valve and inspect washers, O-rings, seals for damage. Replace as needed.
- Scrub interior faucet parts with vinegar and water to remove mineral buildup.
- Replace cartridge/valve and reinstall handle components. Be sure parts are aligned.
- Turn on water supply and check for leaks. Tighten connections if leaking persists.
- Take faucet apart and reposition any incorrectly seated washers, seals or cartridge.
- Remove faucet aerators and filters and clean out any accumulated sediment.
- Replace faucet if repair parts no longer available or issues persist.