Welcome to our ‘How-To’ video series!
Correct ground rod installation and connection
- Bering Straight homes require two connected ground rods.
- Inspect that there are two ground rods spaced at least 6 feet apart.
- Verify each rod is driven fully into the earth, leaving no more than 4 inches exposed.
- Check that the ground rods are connected to each other by a properly sized buried grounding electrode conductor.
- Confirm the grounding electrode conductor is securely attached to each ground rod by suitable clamps or welding.
- Measure that the total resistance to ground is 25 ohms or less using a earth ground resistance tester.
- Visually inspect that ground clamps show no sign of corrosion and are tightly secured.
- Trace the grounding electrode conductor to confirm it connects properly to the main electrical service grounding system.