Welcome to our ‘How-To’ video series!
Fixture damaged / inoperable
- Burned out bulb – Replace the light bulb with a new one of the correct type and wattage.
- Tripped breaker – Check the circuit breaker box for a tripped breaker controlling the outdoor light and reset it.
- Failed sensor – For fixtures with motion sensors, the sensor may need replacement if it no longer triggers the light.
- Corroded wires – Check wires and connections for corrosion and have an electrician repair or replace damaged wiring.
- Bad transformer – For low voltage systems, the transformer may have failed and need replacement by a technician.
- Damage from weather – Impact from storms or water infiltration can damage fixtures. Inspect and repair or replace the entire fixture.
- Timer or photo eye issues – For lights on timers or photo sensors, reset the programming or replace defective parts.