Welcome to our ‘How-To’ video series!
Cabinet Door damaged / fallen off
- Identify the type of hinge – common types are butterfly, concealed, or European style. This determines how to adjust them.
- Check if hinge screws are loose and tighten with a screwdriver if so. Don’t overtighten, or wood holes could be stripped.
- Clean hinge joints with a damp cloth to remove any debris or grease buildup.
- Apply a lubricant like WD-40 or silicone spray to the hinge joint if squeaky.
- Adjust cabinet door alignment by loosening hinge screws slightly and repositioning door.
- Shim hinges with thin washers if the door is sagging or unaligned with the cabinet face.
- Replace damaged or worn out hinges. Use same size and style hinge for replacement.
- Update old hinges to soft-close dampers to prevent slamming and damage.
- Ensure doors are hanging flat by adjusting lateral hinge screws if present.
- Align hinge plates so door closes cleanly against cabinet frame without gaps.