Welcome to our ‘How-To’ video series!
Oven burners not working (blown elements)
- Unplug the stove or turn off the breaker supplying power to it.
- Remove the burner grate and lift out the burner head and cap.
- Inspect the igniter and element for any visible damage, cracks, or separated coils.
- Use an ohmmeter to check element for continuity. No continuity means it needs replacing.
- Make sure burner sockets are clean and dry before installing new elements.
- Clip the new replacement element wires into the terminal blocks.
- Reassemble the burner cap, head, and grate. Ensure they are seated properly.
- Restore power and test burner function on all settings.
- Check that the new element glows red when on and contact is even.
- Contact manufacturer if replacement element still does not heat despite having continuity.