Welcome to our ‘How-To’ video series!
Sewer Holding Tank inspection
- Check tank exterior for leaks, cracks, or corrosion damage. Look for signs of overflow.
- Inspect tank lid seal for any cracks or deterioration that could allow odors to escape.
- Verify vent pipe is clear and screened to prevent clogging and allow gases to escape.
- Evaluate inlet and outlet piping condition and check for any blockages or leaks.
- Measure sludge and scum levels with a tank gauge stick. Arrange pumping if near full.
- Check alarm float switches and controls are functioning properly to indicate high levels.
- Inspect condition of access covers and risers. Ensure lids fit properly and seals are intact.
- Clear any debris or obstructions around exterior tank vents or manholes.
- Check surrounding soil for indication of leaks like odors or soggy areas.