Welcome to our ‘How-To’ video series!
Water from roof eroding around home
- Install rain gutters and downspouts to capture roof water and redirect it away from the house foundation through underground pipes or hoses.
- Build up the ground with gravel, crushed stone, or retaining walls to divert water flow away from the foundation.
- Plant native shrubs, trees, and grasses around the house to help absorb runoff and stabilize the soil. Avoid planting too close to the foundation.
- Use landscaping techniques like berms, swales, terraces to redirect the flow of water around and through the property.
- Cover bare soil areas with mulch, grass, erosion control blankets or mats to protect from direct water contact and runoff.