Welcome to our ‘How-To’ video series!
Water Pump & Tank inspection
- Check water tank exterior for corrosion, leaks, or cracks. Look for signs of overflow.
- Verify water pump turns on and builds adequate system pressure by opening faucets.
- Listen for unusual pump noises like grinding or knocking which could indicate issues.
- Inspect electrical connections to pump for damage. Make sure cover is secure.
- For submersible pumps, check power cable and pipe/wire entries are watertight.
- Clear debris from around pump inlets. Make sure inlets are not obstructed.
- Check pressure tank water-air bladder by verifying proper air charge. Add air if pressure is low.
- Lubricate pump motor if required per manufacturer instructions.
- Test checking valve by verifying water does not backflow when pump shuts off.